Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Exfoliating your face the dirt cheap way

I was browsing the internet when I suddenly got the urge to find home-made exfoliating recipes online.

And most recipes I found just stated that baking soda (NOT baking powder) can act as a pretty good exfoliator. So i thought what the heck. It's not like I has anything better to do anyway. And I proceeded to raid the kitchen for baking soda AND apple cider vinegar (this one will be used as the toner. I'll tell you later)

The first step is to put baking soda in a small container(?) (In my case I used only 3/4 of a tbs spoon) and a few drops of water to make a mixture. DO NOT put too much water because a liquid exfoliator doesn't really do you any good. And then when the mixture is sort of like molten, apply it on your face, part by part with a circling motion. Just gently okay because baking soda can be irritating to the skin.

And I don't recommend this to people who have very very sensitive skin yo. It can cause inflammation and burning.

So after applying it, wait for like 30 seconds before washing it off with cold water. After that, PAT it dry with a towel and feel the smoothness of yah skin baybeeeehh!

As for the apple cider vinegar, pour a small amount into a small container (are there small containers?) and dilute it with a few drops of water. It would prolly be a good idea to have a 1:1 ratio you know. Like, 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of water. And then you dab a cotton wool in the mixture and dab it all around your face (the vinegar will smell like !@#$%^&* mind you) rinse off after approximately 10 minutes and PAT your face dry AGAIN.

AND FEEL TEH ULTIMATE SUPPLENESS OFF YAH FRIGGEN SKINNNZZZ.

Does it not feel like baby's bottom? :D

However, I wouldn't recommend doing this everyday because exfoliation IS removing your old skin cells to make way for the new ones and if you exfoliate (using this regimen) on a daily basis you might start to develop skin problems and that kind of, er, stuff.

I really felt my skin being baby bottom soft after I rinsed the ACV off my face. It was like running your fingers on the surface of an eggshell.

So try it! :D

P/S: If your skins get irritated don't blame me ah. I stated somewhere up there that it's not for EVERY skin type in the world. In other words, try it at your own risk ;)

2 comments:

mee said...

wah teh hell? too free ka? HAHAHA

Aika said...

OBVIOUSLY -_-